- 5 Cups rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup wheat germ
- 1/2 Cup mixed nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds etc)
- 11/2 Cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 Cup sunflower seeds
- 13/4 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1/4 Cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 Cup dried apples, sliced
- 13/4 Cups California raisins
- 1/4 Cup dried cherries
- 1/4 Cup dried strawberries, sliced
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the grains, nuts, coconut, sunflower seeds and spices. Drizzle in the honey and work in the melted butter. Divide the mixture equally between the 2 cookie sheets and spread it across the sheets.
Bake the granola until crisp and deep brown, being careful not to burn it. Break up the pieces and turn the mixture over to finish cooking; bake another 5 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and crumble the pieces into a large bowl. Cool the granola completely and then add the fruit.
Serve with milk or yogurt. Store in a paper bag in a dry place. Do not refrigerate.