Tropical pineapple, ham, raisins and walnuts with shredded carrot and lettuce fill pita pockets.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained and cut up
- 2 cans (6-3/4 ounces each) chunk ham, broken up
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple-spiced flavored yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- Shredded lettuce or alfalfa sprouts
- 3 whole wheat pita bread rounds
In mixing bowl, combine pineapple, ham, raisins and walnuts. Gently stir in apple yogurt. Cover and chill. To serve, toss shredded carrot and lettuce together. Cut each pita bread in half to make two pockets. Spoon some of the lettuce mixture into each pocket. Top with about 2/3 cup ham mixture.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 480 (51% from fat); Total Fat 27g (sat 0.5g, mono 0.5g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 35mg; Protein 16g; Carbohydrate 49g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 27g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 1200mg; Calcium 69mg; Potassium 511mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.