Tear enough fennel fronds into small sprigs to measure 1 cup. Rinse; trim and discard fennel stalks. Quarter bulb lengthwise; then cut lengthwise into paper thin slices. Toss sliced fennel with fronds, parsley, celery root, raisins and lettuce in a large bowl.
Whisk together lemon juice, shallot, sugar, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat thoroughly.
- 1/2 large fennel bulb with fronds
- 2 Cups small flat leaf parsley sprigs
- 3/4 Cup small curly parsley sprigs
- 1/2 medium celery root, peeled and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 3/4 Cup California raisins
- 1 Package (8 ounces) prewashed, shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 3/4 Teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 Cup olive oil