Green Salad with Raisins
Aromatic fennel fronds and celery root add crunch to a raisin salad.
- 1/2 large fennel bulb with fronds
- 2 cups small flat leaf parsley sprigs
- 3/4 cup small curly parsley sprigs
- 1/2 medium celery root, peeled and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1 package (8 ounces) prewashed, shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Tear enough fennel fronds into small sprigs to measure 1 cup. Rinse; trim and discard fennel stalks. Quarter bulb lengthwise; then cut lengthwise into paper thin slices. Toss sliced fennel with fronds, parsley, celery root, raisins and lettuce in a large bowl.
Whisk together lemon juice, shallot, sugar, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat thoroughly.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 210 (51% from fat); Total Fat 12g (sat 1g, mono 9g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 25g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 260mg; Calcium 82mg; Potassium 468mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.