- One day in advance, macerate raisins in water*, just until covered. Drain well prior to mixing (ideal maceration weight is reflected in the formula).
- Cut butter into 1/2″ cubes and chill well.
- Briefly mix flours, sugar, baking powder and salt in a planetary mixer fitted with a paddle.
- Add butter and mix on low for 2 minutes until butter has broken into slightly smaller pieces.
- Add eggs, cream, honey and applesauce. Mix until shaggy.
- Mix in drained raisins and zest until just incorporated.
- Divide into 1500 g pieces, and press into 9″ rounds lined with parchment, invert onto sheet pans with parchment.
- Chill, cut into wedges, egg wash, sprinkle with sliced almonds and sugar crystals.
- Arrange wedges from two rounds on sheet pan, leaving room for expansion.
- Bake at 325°F on low convection for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
* To add character, consider accenting with a dash of orange blossom water, amaretto or Limoncello.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are all natural!