Fiesta Brunch Strata
Make it; keep it in the refrigerator overnight; bake it and serve a hearty brunch entrée.
- Prep Time : 25 min
- Cook Time : 55 min
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 20 min
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- 16 slice bread, lightly buttered and cubed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups California raisins
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 jar (2 1/2 ounces) diced pimiento, drained
Arrange half the bread cubes in bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan. Spread chicken and raisins over bread. Sprinkle with 2 cups of the cheese. Top with remaining bread cubes. In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, green chiles and pimiento; mix well. Pour over bread cubes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight.
Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover strata. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 280 (22% from fat); Total Fat 7g (sat 2g, mono 2g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 120mg; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 33g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 360mg; Calcium 263mg; Potassium 320mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.