- 3 Cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Cups California raisins
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 13/4 Teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 Cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Lightly oil 9-inch square glass baking dish. Measure oats, raisins, baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon into prepared pan and stir well. Then, stir applesauce, yogurt, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla together in small bowl until smooth; stir into oat mixture. In small bowl, combine brown sugar with remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over oatmeal.
Bake at 350°F until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan for 20 to 30 minutes. Cut 3X3 into 9 squares and serve hot or cover and chill to serve the next day. Then, to reheat, blot excess water from surface, cover with foil and reheat in preheated 325°F oven, about 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot with syrup, milk or yogurt and fruit.