Arrange tuna in pan; add stock, and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until done. Drain and cool in refrigerator for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, measure raisins into small bowl and add warm water to cover; set aside to plump for at least 10 minutes. Drain and chill.
For Curry Flavored Mayonnaise, in small bowl, combine all ingredients with prepared mayonnaise and mix together.
For Salad, cut cooked tuna into medium dice and turn into a large mixing bowl. Add curried mayonnaise, cauliflower, broccoli and celery; drain and add half raisins. Toss together well. Arrange banana leaf on serving platter and spoon salad on top. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cilantro and remaining raisins; serve at once.
- 11/3 Pounds yellow fin tuna fillets
- 1 Cup fish or chicken stock
- 1 Cup California raisins
Curry Flavored Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 Ounces cauliflower florets
- 12 Cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup minced celery
- Banana leaf
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 sprigs cilantro, coarsely chopped