Citrus Bread with California Raisins and Macadamia Nuts
|Coarse rye flour||11||16||453.6|
|California Raisin Rye Starter*||22||32||907.2|
|Macadamia nuts, roasted||17||24||680.4|
|Orange peel, candied||6||8||226.8|
Posted October 19, 2011 by Melinda
Posted in :Yeast Breads
- Ready Time :
- One hour before mixing, combine 1 pound of the rolled oats with 1 pint of the water heated just to boiling, and let stand for 1 hour.
- Mix all ingredients for dough on low for 6 minutes. (Desired dough temperature is 75ºF. Do not over mix.)
- Set aside to bulk ferment for 2 hours. Fold after 30 minutes; at the same time fold in raisins, macadamia nuts and orange peel. Fold again after another 30 minutes, and again after another 30 minutes. Let rest 30 minutes.
- Scale dough into 5-ounce pieces and shape into squares or rectangles.
- Proof dough pieces on a canvas sprinkled with rolled oats for 30 minutes at 90ºF. Turn and dust with rye flour.
- Bake at 410ºF with steam for 30 to 35 minutes
This recipe is found in the following categories:
(No Ratings Yet)
Comments are closed.