Chinese Raisin Chicken Salad
Light sesame oil vinaigrette, California raisins, chicken and bean thread in a light salad.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Oriental sesame oil
- 2 pounds shredded roasted chicken
- 1/2 cup California natural raisins
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 ounce Chinese bean thread (optional)
- Vegetable oil; for frying (optional)
In large bowl, whisk soy sauce, vegetable oil, vinegar and sesame oil together. Set aside.
In mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken with raisins and walnuts; pour one-half dressing over all; toss and set aside. Add lettuce, onions and cilantro to bowl with remaining dressing; toss thoroughly. Set aside. Cut small amount of bean threads into 4-inch lengths, and fry for a few seconds until ouffed; turn and fry other side and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining bean threads; divide and arrange on 6 individual plates or in baskets lined with aluminum foil. Divide and add salad mixture. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 470 (39% from fat); Total Fat 20g (sat 4g, mono 8g, poly 7g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 135mg; Protein 46g; Carbohydrate 24g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 490mg; Calcium 59mg; Potassium 722mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.