Chicken Breast with Zesty Raisin Relish
Southern-style corn relish with raisins lifts chicken breasts to new heights.
- Serving Size: 1 breast and 3/4 cup relish
- 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Torn greens e.g. spinach, mustard, dandelion etc.
- 4 boned chicken breast halves (about 3 ounces each), sautéed or broiled
To make corn relish, in saucepan, combine corn, raisins, vinegar, onion, bell pepper, sugar, mustard seeds, dry mustard, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. For each serving, line plate with greens; cut breast diagonally and fan out on greens. Top with relish; serve remaining relish on the side.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 350 (21% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 2g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 70mg; Protein 28g; Carbohydrate 40g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 33g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 530mg; Calcium 32mg; Potassium 500mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.