- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 11/2 Cups diced cooked ham
- 3/4 Cup California raisins
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 2 Packages (10 ounces each) frozen pastry shells, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in mustard; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in ham, raisins, eggs, onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
Roll each pastry shell into a 6-inch circle. Spoon filling, equally divided, onto circles. Moisten edges with a little beaten egg. Fold over and carefully press edges with fork to seal completely. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg. Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: Turnovers may be cooled, wrapped and frozen up to 30 days. To serve, thaw; place on baking sheet and heat in 350°F conventional oven for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through or microwave each frozen turnover on high power 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.