- 12 Tablespoons (6 ounces) butter
- 12 Fuji apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- Juice of one lemon (about 3 to 4 tablespoons)
- 11/2 Cups sugar
- 11/4 Cups California raisins
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, 1/8-inch thick, 10 x 15-inches, frozen
In a 12-inch sautépan, warm butter until it is just about to brown. Add apples, lemon juice and sugar and cook over high heat. As apples begin to color, add the raisins and continue cooking until apples are caramelized. Stir apples frequently, taking care not to burn yourself on the caramel.
To Assemble Tart
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut puff pastry into a circle using a 12-inch plate as a template. Use the scraps to make borders on the pastry circle.
Once the apples are caramelized, place the pastry circle over the top of the apples and put the pan in the oven. Bake until pastry is browned and caramel is bubbling inside, about 15 minutes.
Place a 12-inch serving plate over the top of the sautépan and flip it upside down so that caramelized apples are on top. Remove sautépan.
Slice the tart and serve warm with your favorite ice cream.