California Romaine and Raisin Salad
Raisins and pears sprinkled with blue cheese and pecans are tossed with a hot spicy citrus dressing.
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) prewashed hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1 package (6 ounces) prewashed baby spinach leaves
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts
- 1 1/4 cups California raisins
- 2 ripe red Bartlett pears; cored, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup pecans, toasted
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Set aside. Combine romaine and spinach in large bowl. Rinse artichoke hearts in cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Cut into quarters and add to bowl. Add raisins, pear slices, blue cheese and pecans to bowl; toss with dressing and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 250 (46% from fat); Total Fat 13g (sat 2.5g, mono 5g, poly 5g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 5mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 30g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 21g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 240mg; Calcium 100mg; Potassium 597mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.