- 6 Pounds ground turkey
- 3 Cups onions, diced medium
- 11/2 Cups green peppers, seeded and diced medium
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 11/2 Teaspoons ground cloves
- 23/4 Quarts stewed tomatoes
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and diced medium
- 11/2 Cups California golden raisins
- 3/4 Cup pimento stuffed olives, drained and thinly sliced
- Cooked rice; to serve 24
- 11/2 Cups toasted slivered almonds; for garnish
In large skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté ground turkey, onions, green peppers and garlic until turkey is no longer pink. Cook until turkey and vegetables are lightly caramelized. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, cumin, cloves, tomatoes, apples, raisins and olives. Bring to boil; immediately reduce heat and cover. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over cooked rice and top with toasted almonds.
Note: May also be served as filling for flour tortillas or as a stuffing for chili rellenos.