- 1 cucumber; halved, seeded and diced
- 1 Cup yogurt
- 3/4 Cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 Teaspoon ras al-hanout*
- 1/4 Cup crumbled feta cheese, drained
- 1/4 Cup diced red onion
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 Teaspoon diced jalapeno
In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
Note: Ras al-hanout is a blend of Indian spices available at specialty stores.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 110 (Calories from Fat 12%); Total Fat 1.5 ( Saturated Fat 1; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 5; Sodium 105; Potassium 349; Total Carbohydrate 22; Dietary Fiber 1; Sugars 18; Protein 4; Calcium 132; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
Chilled Pork and Wild Rice Salad
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.