California Raisin, Orange, Sherry Vinaigrette
Straight from the Caribbean, this vinaigrette holds its own in a hearty salad.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Pinch of kosher salt; to taste
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted, ground cumin; to taste
- 1 teaspoon toasted, ground black pepper; to taste
- 3/4 cup loosely packed California raisins
Pour orange juice into a small, heavy saucepan. Set over medium heat and reduce by half to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; turn into medium bowl and whisk together with salt and vinegar. Continue whisking and add olive oil, cumin and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. Measure raisins into a small bowl and add vinaigrette to cover.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Cuban Bread Salad.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 130 (74% from fat); Total Fat 11g (sat 1g, mono 8g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 0g; Carbohydrate 7g; (Dietary Fiber <1g; Sugars 6g; ); Iron 0mg; Sodium 25mg; Calcium 5mg; Potassium 77mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.