- Four (4) hours before mixing combine ingredients for Sponge in mixer bowl and mix 3 minutes on low; then for 3 minutes more on medium. (Desired Sponge temperature is 78°F.) Ferment for 4 hours.
- Measure raisins into a bowl; cover with hot water and soak for 15 minutes. Drain for 5 minutes and let stand for at least 1 hour more or overnight.
- Combine Sponge and all other ingredients except raisins; mix 3 minutes on low speed and 8 minutes on medium. 2
- Add raisins and mix on low speed for 2 minutes. (Desired dough temperature is 78°F.) Let stand 30 minutes.
- Divide at desired weight; round and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Arrange rolls on greased baking sheets or mould loaves and set in baking pans.
- Proof for about 80 minutes.
- Bake at 400°F until done.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
Citrus Bread with California Raisins and Macadamia Nuts
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.