California Raisin Harvest Pie
By Andrea Spring, First Place Professional Division Raisin Category, 2011 APC Crisco® National Pie Championships
Fluffy pumpkin topping, hazelnut-raisin filling -- all on top of a toffee-like crust. Yum!
- Serving Size: 1/8 pie
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and ground fine
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup California natural raisins
- 2 package (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 10-inch pie pan generously with cooking spray. Measure toasted, ground nuts and cracker crumbs into pan, and mix together with brown sugar. Add melted butter and toss until well combined. Press mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of pan; bake at 325°F for 5 minutes. Cool.
In small bowl, beat egg and stir in sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, and corn syrup; mix together well and stir in chopped nuts and natural raisins. Turn into baked shell; return to oven and bake at 325°F for 20 to 25 minutes more or until set. Chill well.
In large mixer bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar together to combine well. Add pumpkin purée and spices, mix together well. Stir in golden raisins and mix together well. Fold in whipped topping until thoroughly blended. Spoon onto top of cooled pie and chill well. Cut into 8 pieces to serve and garnish with sweetened whipped cream, chopped hazelnuts and plumped raisins, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 680 (50% from fat); Total Fat 38g (sat 18g, mono 14g, poly 2g, trans 1g ); Cholesterol 85mg; Protein 7g; Carbohydrate 80g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 59g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 350mg; Calcium 94mg; Potassium 420mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.