- At least 8 hours before mixing, combine raisins and 2 cups of red wine and set aside to plump for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Mix all ingredients except the raisins and chopped grapefruit together for 8 minutes on low speed and then 3 minutes more on medium. (Desired final temperature 80ºF. Do not over mix.)
- Add chopped grapefruit and plumped raisins; mix on low speed for 3 minutes.
- Bulk ferment dough for 3 hours, folding after 2 hours.
- Divide dough and scale into pieces of 1 pound 6 ounces each.
- Bench rest for 40 minutes.
- Then, shape into oval loaves and roll in cornmeal. Proof 70 minutes at 95ºF.
- Slash tops of loaves as desired and bake at 425ºF with steam for 35 to 40 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and spray with water.
* See recipe
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin Oat Bread
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
California Raisins are naturally sweet, no-added sugar!