California Raisin Couscous with Vegetables
Lots of good grains and vegetables in this side dish.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 box couscous, plain
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pint red pear or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 heads fennel, bulb only, small dice
- 1 English or hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and small dice
- 1/2 red onion, peeled, small dice
- 1 cup California golden raisins or California raisins
- 2 bunches Italian flat leaf parsley, picked and chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, picked and chopped
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Salt and pepper; to taste
Pour couscous into a large bowl or shallow rectangular pan. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over couscous; pour boiling water to cover over all, mix with fork. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and fluff couscous with fork to remove lumps, and let cool. Add remaining ingredients and toss well; season to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat to serve.
Note: Make sure all ingredients are ready before making couscous. For variety, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 290 (23% from fat); Total Fat 7g (sat 1g, mono 5g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 49g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 30mg; Calcium 55mg; Potassium 518mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.