- 1 Box couscous, plain
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Pint red pear or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 heads fennel, bulb only, small dice
- 1 English or hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and small dice
- 1/2 red onion, peeled, small dice
- 1 Cup California golden raisins or California raisins
- 2 bunches Italian flat leaf parsley, picked and chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, picked and chopped
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Salt and pepper; to taste
Pour couscous into a large bowl or shallow rectangular pan. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over couscous; pour boiling water to cover over all, mix with fork. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and fluff couscous with fork to remove lumps, and let cool. Add remaining ingredients and toss well; season to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat to serve.
Note: Make sure all ingredients are ready before making couscous. For variety, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top just before serving.