California Raisin Christmas Bread
|All purpose unbleached flour||1000||100.00|
|Cold melted butter||400||40.00|
|Candied orange peel||100||10.00|
- In mixer bowl, mix eggs and water together until blended.
- Beat in yeast, salt, sugar and milk powder.
- Then, add flour; mix 3 minutes on first speed and 4 minutes on second speed.
- Beat in butter until well incorporated.
- Mix 6 minutes more or until mixture comes together and cleans sides of bowl.
- Turn onto lightly floured work surface and knead in orange peel and raisins.
- Cover with towel and let ferment for 1 hour.
- Flatten and fold once. Recover and let ferment 1 hour longer.
- Divide dough; scale into 5 pieces (about 1 pound, 3 ounces / 550grams each).
- Shape into rounds and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out in triangle shape about 1/2-inch thick and shape into large croissant by rolling long side toward point.
- Cover and proof for about 75 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in conventional oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 400°F or until done and lightly browned. (For convection oven, reduce temperature to 350°F and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done and lightly browned.)
- Remove from oven; brush with butter and roll in sugar.
(No Ratings Yet)
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.