California Raisin Chicken Salad
Just add a hot roll to make this raisin-topped vegetable salad into a whole meal.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 cup California raisins, divided
- Salt; to taste
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (5 to 7 ounces each), cooked and cooled
- 1 package (8 ounces) prewashed mixed field greens with romaine, endive, frisée, radicchio and carrots
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and blanched
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, chopped onion, chives and 1/2 cup of the raisins. Season with salt. Slice each chicken breast diagonally into 1-inch thick pieces. Arrange breasts on 6 lettuce-lined plates along with peas, onion rings, mushrooms and tomatoes. Sprinkle remaining raisins on top. Spoon dressing over salad just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 460 (51% from fat); Total Fat 27g (sat 3.5g, mono 14g, poly 7g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 32g; Carbohydrate 25g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 20g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 210mg; Calcium 57mg; Potassium 678mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.