- Twenty-four hours (24) before final mixing, mix ingredients for started together on low for 5 minutes. (Desired starter temperature is 83ºF. Do not over mix.) Ferment for 24 hours at 83ºF. (Desired final pH 3.9.)
- Mixture A: Three (3) hours before final mixing, stir hot water and rye flour together in mixing bowl. Mixture B: Mix flax seeds and hot water together in another bowl. Mix both well and set aside. Mixture C: Three (3) hours before mixing dough, pour cold water over bread crumbs. Set aside. 2
- Mix Dough on low for 5 minutes. Add raisins and mix on low for 1 minute more. (Final dough temperature 75ºF. Do not over mix.) Bulk ferment for 15 minutes.
- Divide and scale dough into 2-pound pieces. Shape into ovals; roll in rolled oats and rye flakes. Arrange in individual loaf pans. Proof: 70 minutes at 95ºF.
- Bake at 445ºF with steam, gradually reducing temperature to 375ºF until done.
* See recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin Carrot Bread
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.