California Raisin Bread with Caraway
Basic Sheeted Dough with California Raisins
|Total Dough||Biga (Sponge)||Final Dough|
|Ingredients||Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g||Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g||Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g|
|California Raisin White Starter*||7||13||368.6||48.1||13||368.6||0|
|Rye flour, fine||43||80||2268.0||50.0|
- Twenty-four (24) hours before final mixing, mix ingredients for sponge together on low for 10 minutes. (Desired sponge temperature should be 75ºF.) Ferment for 4 hours at 80ºF and 20 hours in refrigerator at 40ºF.
- Mix all ingredients except raisins together for 8 minutes on low speed. (Final dough temperature 75ºF.)
- Remove 8 pounds of dough for wrapping and decoration. Add raisins to remaining dough and mix on low speed for 4 minutes.
- Bulk ferment separately for 2 hours at 95ºF.
- Scale dough with raisins into 24 pieces of 13 1/2 ounces each. Bench rest for 30 minutes. 2
- Scale dough reserved for wrapping into 4-ounce pieces and for decoration into 1- ounce pieces. Bench rest for 30 minutes.
- Shape raisin dough into batards and wrap with plain dough that has been rolled thin.
- Cut dough for decorations into small circles. Divide and arrange several on top of each loaf to resemble a small grape cluster.
- Arrange loaves upside down on rye flour. Set aside to proof for 50 minutes at 90ºF.
- Turn over and bake. Bake at 425ºF with steam for 35 to 40 minutes.
* See recipe
This recipe is found in the following categories:
(No Ratings Yet)
Comments are closed.