California Raisin and Pumpkin Spice Bread
A delicious, healthier version of a fall pumpkin bread.
- Cook Time : 40 min
- Ready Time : 40 min
- 3/4 cup pastry flour*
- 1 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup solid pack canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 1/2 cup California natural raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted green pumpkin seeds ( pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons raw (untoasted) pumpkin seeds ( pepitas); for garnish
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush four 5-1/2 x 3-inch loaf pans, lightly, with olive oil and set aside. Mix flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices together in medium mixing bowl. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, olive oil, eggs and vanilla; mix together well, and add to mixing bowl with dry ingredients. Stir to combine will. Gently stir in raisins and 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds. Divide, evenly, and turn into oiled loaf pans. Sprinkle tops, generously with raw pumpkin seeds. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until top of loaf feels firm when touched and wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside in pans to cool for 2 or 3 minutes; then, turn onto wire rack and cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, for Cinnamon Glaze, measure sugar and cinnamon into small bowl; stir together well. Add and stir in lemon juice until smooth; divide and drizzle over loaves.
1. King Arthur Pastry Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, and Clabber Girl Baking Powder are preferred.
2. Chopped walnuts or pecans may be substituted for the pumpkin seeds.
3. When icing is set, loaves may be wrapped tightly and frozen to thaw and serve within 2 to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 150 (33% from fat); Total Fat 6g (sat 1g, mono 4g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 20mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 24g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 14g; ); Iron <1mg; Sodium 75mg; Calcium 11mg; Potassium 132mg
This recipe is found in the following categories:
Comments are closed.