California Raisin and Orange Salad
Crunchy romaine and fennel contrast orange and raisins in a citrus dressing.
- 1 navel orange
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 1 package (5 ounces) hearts of romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 2 2/3 tablespoons pitted brine-cured olives
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon orange juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Using a sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from oranges. Slice crosswise into a large salad bowl. Remove stalks from fennel; slice off bottom and discard. Thinly slice fennel and add to bowl. Add romaine, raisins, olives and red onions to bowl and toss. Whisk dressing ingredients together; pour over salad and toss once more. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 100 (15% from fat); Total Fat 2g (sat 0g, mono 1g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 21g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 50mg; Calcium 39mg; Potassium 355mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.