- Measure raisins into a bowl and add hot water to cover; soak for 15 minutes. Drain for 5 minutes and let stand for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Measure lemongrass into blender container and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in mixing bowl and blend with the paddle.
- Add butter, eggs and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in raisins and lemongrass purée on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Turn onto lightly floured work surface and gather together; then knead gently 5 to 10 times until smooth. Roll or pat out into rectangle about 3/4-inch (20 mm) thick.
- Cut into wedges and arrange at least 1/2-inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 360°F for about 18 minutes or until lightly browned and done.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin White Starter
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Did you know raisins are a source of concentrated nutrients?