California Raisin and Fruit Chutney
Red onion, tropical fruit and raisins make a tasty sauce to accompany meats.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- 1 cup mango; peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 papaya; peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups California raisins
Place all ingredients, except California raisins, in saucepan and cook over medium heat. Simmer approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. As mix thickens, reduce heat; add raisins and cook 5 minutes. Cool and set aside.
Note: Chutney will keep in refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 100 (2% from fat); Total Fat 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 25g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 50mg; Calcium 23mg; Potassium 232mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.