- 1 Cup mango; peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 papaya; peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 11/4 Cups California raisins
Place all ingredients, except California raisins, in saucepan and cook over medium heat. Simmer approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. As mix thickens, reduce heat; add raisins and cook 5 minutes. Cool and set aside.
Note: Chutney will keep in refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 2 weeks.