California Golden Raisin Red Onion Jam
Great with burgers of any kind.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) olive oil
- 4 cups (2 pounds) fresh red onion, peeled and cut into julienne
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (4-1/4 ounces) rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (2 ounces) honey
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) water
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) pomegranate syrup or grenadine
- 3 cups (8 ounces) California golden raisins
Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick sautépan and sauté onions over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper; cook until very soft. Stir in vinegar and reduce to consistency for a glaze. Add honey, water, pomegranate syrup, and golden raisins. Reduce heat to low and cook until thick.
Cool and store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 60 (11% from fat); Total Fat 1g (sat 0g, mono 1g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 14g; (Dietary Fiber <1g; Sugars 12g; ); Iron 0mg; Sodium 35mg; Calcium 13mg; Potassium 132mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.