California Golden Raisin-Apricot Chutney
Sweet savory chutney to spice up any dish.
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups California golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Szechwan peppercorns
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 1/2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 cup mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vietnamese chile paste
Combine all ingredients in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, cook over medium-low heat until almost no liquid remains. Cool mixture slightly and then purée in a food processor.
Note: For serving suggstion, see recipe for Roasted Duckling Foie Gras Wonton, Wong Bok and Shiitake Stew, Orange-Soy Glaze and Homemade California Golden Raisin-Apricot Chutney.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 130 (3% from fat); Total Fat 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 28g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 24g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 0mg; Calcium 20mg; Potassium 242mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.