BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
Chopped BBQ chicken, smoked bacon, tomatoes and peanuts -- What could be better!
- 1/2 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce leaves, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked BBQ chicken
- 1 small bunch scallions, chopped
- 6 slice smoked bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, diced 1/4-inch
- 6 tablespoons California natural raisins, plumped
- 6 tablespoons California golden raisins, plumped
- 3/4 cup Monterey pepper jack cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup San Francisco-style sour dough croutons
- 1/4 cup toasted peanuts, finely chopped
In a small mixing bowl, combine shallot, mustard, sugar, vinegar and orange juice. Gradually add the oil in a thin stream, whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the chopped salad ingredients. Add the dressing and toss to coat all ingredients well. Serve on chilled plates.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 510 (57% from fat); Total Fat 32g (sat 11g, mono 16g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 29g; Carbohydrate 27g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 620mg; Calcium 263mg; Potassium 676mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.