Baby Spinach, Arugula and Toasted Walnut Salad with Golden Balsamic Vinaigrette
By Chef Andrew Hillman, Institute of Technology Roseville Culinary Arts Campus
Assorted greens sprinkled with walnuts and golden raisins, served with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon Vinaigrette, 7/8 cup Salad
Golden Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons California golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped shallots
- 1/8 teaspoon honey
- Salt and ground white pepper; to taste
- 3 ounce (about 1-1/2 cups) baby spinach
- 1 ounce (about 1/2 cup) arugula
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf Italian parsley, leaves only
- 4 ounce (about 1 cup) walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup Vinaigrette (above)
- Fresh cracked black pepper; to taste
For vinaigrette, combine ingredients in container with tight-fitting lid and shake to mix thoroughly. Set aside to chill. Shake well before each use.
To assemble salad, mix spinach, arugula and parsley together with walnuts and raisins in large bowl. Toss with 1 to 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and coarsely ground fresh black pepper. Taste and add more dressing, if desired.
Note: To toast walnuts, spread on baking sheet and roast in oven at 350°F until light brown and fragrant.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 290 (45% from fat); Total Fat 16g (sat 1.5g, mono 3g, poly 9g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 38g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 27g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 30mg; Calcium 83mg; Potassium 586mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.