Asian Chicken Salad with Raisins
The secret is the dressing .... spicy chile oil, tart vinegar and sharp onion.
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon chile oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves( 3 to 4 ounces each), poached
- 1/2 cucumber; peeled, seeded and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 package (8 ounces) prepared coleslaw mix containing red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup California raisins
In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine onion, garlic and sugar. Stir in vinegar, peanut oil, chile oil and soy sauce until well mixed. Season with salt, if desired. Set aside.
To poach chicken breasts, fill saucepan with salted water and bring to boil. Add chicken breasts; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Skim any foam from the surface. Turn off heat; cover pan and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and let cool completely. Cut chicken into long, thin strips and place in salad bowl. Add cucumber, bell pepper, bean sprouts and coleslaw mix. Pour dressing over and toss well. Sprinkle with the cilantro, peanuts and raisins; then serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 390 (43% from fat); Total Fat 19g (sat 3.5g, mono 8g, poly 6g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 65mg; Protein 27g; Carbohydrate 30g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 590mg; Calcium 62mg; Potassium 627mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.