Zesty Sweet Potatoes with Golden Raisins
A family favorite to serve at the holiday dinner or all year 'round.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion; peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes (3 large), peeled and quartered
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ground red pepper or bottled hot pepper sauce; to taste
In a large skillet or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until golden. Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Stir in water, raisins, sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 170 (11% from fat); Total Fat 2g (sat 0g, mono 1g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 38g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 23g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 190mg; Calcium 37mg; Potassium 446mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.