- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 3 stems parsley, finely chopped
- 3 stems cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 stems fresh mint, finely chopped
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- Chile flakes; to taste
- Salt; to taste
- 15 sheets (14x9-inches) phyllo dough
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- egg yolk
- Harissa sauce; for dipping
Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix meat with onion, raisins, herbs and spices.
To assemble, thaw frozen phyllo in refrigerator overnight and/or allow to stand at room temperature for about 2 hours. Remove from package and, carefully unroll sheets onto a smooth, dry surface. Cover immediately with plastic wrap and then, with a barely dampened kitchen towel. Remove one sheet at a time and place on a flat surface. Working from edges toward the center, lightly brush with melted butter and cut crosswise and lenghtwise into 4 equal pieces. Fold each quarter in half and place 1 tablespoon meat mixture in center of one edge, not the folded one. Brush remaining dough surface with egg yolk, thinned with water if needed, and roll up like a cigar. Seal ends securely. Repeat until all phyllo and filling are used.
Arrange Wini Minis 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 325°F until golden. Serve hot with harissa sauce for dipping.