Wilted Bok Choy
Serve with "Spice Rubbed Australian Lamb Loin" or any time greens are the preferred accompaniment.
- 1/2 ounce fresh garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 ounce fresh gingerroot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) California raisin paste*
- 1 tablespoon California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 cup sliced fresh green leaf bok choy
Deep-fry ginger and garlic slices in small amount of very hot (365°F), clean oil till golden brown and crispy; remove from oil, drain and let cool. Then, add a little ginger-garlic flavored oil to a wok and heat till very hot. Add shallots; toss and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; toss and cook for 1 minute more.
Combine raisin paste, raisin juice concentrate and sherry in a small bwol; mix together well. Turn into wok and toss together until vegetables are thoroughly coated. Just before serving, add bok choy, garlic and ginger chips, reserving a few ginger chips for garnish, and toss gently until bok choy is wilted. Divide and serve immediately.
1. Commercially prepared California raisin paste and raisin juice concentrate are available from foodservice and industrial suppliers. To make your own raisin paste, grind or process in a food processor whole California natural raisins (2 ounces) equal to twice the amount of raisin paste (1 ounce) required until very finely chopped and smooth.
2. See recipe for Spice Rubbed Australian Lamb Loin for serving suggestions.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 70 (2% from fat); Total Fat 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 18g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 10g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 15mg; Calcium 34mg; Potassium 200mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.