Wild Mushroom and Raisin Stuffing
Just enough for 2 game hens or 4 chicken breasts.
- 2 ounce chicken breast meat
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup crimini mushrooms, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
For stuffing, trim all fat and remove skin from 2 ounces of chicken breast meat; cut into small pieces. Season with salt and pepepr. Put in food processor and blend with egg, cream and wine until smooth. Turn into mixing bowl and fold in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
Note: See recipe for San Joaquin Valley Chicken.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 260 (34% from fat); Total Fat 10g (sat 6g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 90mg; Protein 13g; Carbohydrate 30g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 100mg; Calcium 155mg; Potassium 338mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.