Warm Piquillo Peppers with Goat Cheese, California Raisins and Moscatel Vinaigrette
A warm salad or first course with California Raisins and goat cheese.
- 8 whole roasted piquillo peppers
- 1 1/2 cups soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins, plumped
- 3 tablespoons finely snipped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d'Espelette or freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Moscatel or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons California golden raisins, plumped
- 4 small handfulls micro-greens
- Freshly snipped chives
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lay out peppers on a small sheet pan and set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until completely integrated and cheese is uniform in texture. Gently stuff each pepper with equal amounts of goat cheese mixture and return to sheet pan. Bake at 375°F just until warmed through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Combine vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil in a mixing bowl and whisk together vigorously. Stir in raisins; set aside.
Garnish each of four plates with a handful of micro-greens. Prop one stuffed piquillo pepper against a second one on each plate. Spoon vinaigrette liberally over all and sprinkle with snipped chives. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 700 (66% from fat); Total Fat 53g (sat 21g, mono 24g, poly 6g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 65mg; Protein 24g; Carbohydrate 37g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 27g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 590mg; Calcium 185mg; Potassium 686mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.