Waldorf Salad with California Raisins Version 2.0
The one thousand and first variation of the popular apple salad — they get better every time.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup salad
- 1/4 cup low calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 3/4 cup California natural raisins
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- 1 Red Delicious apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce hearts
- 1/2 cup buttermilk blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 glazed walnuts
- 1/2 cup chervil sprigs
- Light molasses, for drizzle
- 1/4 cup snipped chives; for garnish
Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, vinegar, chives and gingerroot in mixing bowl; mix until sugar is dissolved. Fold in raisins and diced apples. Cover tightly and chill thoroughly.
To serve, arrange 2 romaine leaves on each of 6 long rectangular chilled plates. Divide and spoon on apple-raisin mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and walnuts. Top each with chervil sprigs, drizzle with molasses and sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 250 (27% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 2.5g, mono 2g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 10mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 43g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 36g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 180mg; Calcium 99mg; Potassium 482mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.