- 11/4 Cups California natural or golden raisins
- 1 small onion
- 1 tart apple, pared
- 1/2 Cup chopped ham
- 1 can (1 pound 15 ounces) baked beans
- 11/2 Teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 Cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 Cup catsup or chili sauce
Chop raisins, onion and apple. Combine all ingredients in bean pot or 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake at 350°F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 190 (Calories from Fat 6%); Total Fat 1 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 5; Sodium 200; Potassium 526; Total Carbohydrate 41; Dietary Fiber 7; Sugars 27; Protein 7; Calcium 57; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.