Updated Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Serving Size: (dessert)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 1 cup canned applesauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart + 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups California raisins
1. Beat sugar and margarine in mixer bowl with paddle attachement until smooth and creamy, 5 minutes.
2. Add eggs slowly and mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
3. Slowly add milk and applesauce. Mix 1 minute more on medium speed. Scrape sides of bowl.
4. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix on low speed until blended, 2 minutes. Add oats and raisins and blend for 30 seconds on low speed. Scrape sides of bowl.
5. Portion with No.2 scoop (2 tablespoons) in rows of 5 down and 4 across onto each greased or paper-lined sheet pan (18 x 26 x 1-inch).
6. Bake until lightly browned in Conventional oven – 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or Convection oven – 325°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Note: For a bar cookie, spread 3 quarts (5 pounds 14 ounces) dough in greased half-sheet pan (18 x 13 x 1-inch) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a 325°F Convection oven. Cut 5 X 10.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 170 (25% from fat); Total Fat 5g (sat 1g, mono 2g, poly 1.5g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 15mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 30g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 80mg; Calcium 17mg; Potassium 101mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.