Two-Grain Raisin Muffins
- Serving Size: (grains/breads)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups chopped nuts
- 2 cups California raisins
- 2 cups cooked canned sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and nuts in mixer bowl. Mix well.
2. Process raisins and sweet potatoes with milk in blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Add to mixer bowl along with remaining milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
4. Portion batter using No.16 scoop into paper-lined muffin tins. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 375°F.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 280 (32% from fat); Total Fat 10g (sat 1g, mono 4g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 15mg; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 41g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 13g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 240mg; Calcium 85mg; Potassium 311mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.