Tuscan-style White Bean, Tuna and Currant Salad
Submitted by: Roy Harland
Creamy textured beans to contrast with sweet California Zante currants.
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; to taste
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) small white beans
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) Italian tuna packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup California Zante currants
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
Whisk together the first 3 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain beans and rinse in a colander until the water runs clear. Shake the colander to remove as much water as possible. Turn into a mixing bowl. Drain tuna; break apart and add to beans. Stir in dressing, red onions, currants and parsley.
Line a bowl or platter with shredded radicchio. Mound salad on top and serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 400 (41% from fat); Total Fat 19g (sat 3g, mono 12g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 10mg; Protein 23g; Carbohydrate 37g; (Dietary Fiber 10g; Sugars 15g; ); Iron 4mg; Sodium 180mg; Calcium 91mg; Potassium 729mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.