Turkey Raisin Waldorf Sandwich
Turkey salad and raisin bread - a perfect combination!
- 6 ounce cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup California raisins
- 1 small tart red apple, cored and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon non-fat yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 8 slices reduced-calorie raisin bread
In medium bowl, combine turkey, celery, apple, walnuts, mayonnaise, yogurt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Blend well. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
To serve, spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture onto each of 4 slices of bread and top with a lettuce leaf and another slice of bread. Repeat until ingredients are all used.
Note: Turkey mixture will keep two days in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 280 (17% from fat); Total Fat 5g (sat 1g, mono 2g, poly 2g, trans <1g ); Cholesterol 35mg; Protein 18g; Carbohydrate 42g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 18g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 250mg; Calcium 65mg; Potassium 444mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.