Turkey and Smoked Gouda Sandwich with Blueberry Raisin Chutney
From The National Turkey Federation
An extra special sandwich and delicious chutney.
- 1/2 cup honey
- Zest of one lemon
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 medium tart apples; peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pita pockets, cut in half
- 1 pound roasted turkey breast, sliced
- 1/2 pound smoked Gouda, sliced
- Leaf lettuce; as needed
Combine honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, apple cider, gingerroot and pepper in medium saucepan. Stir in blueberries, apples, onions, raisins and salt. Cover and heat to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer about 20 minutes, until apples are tender. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
To serve, fill each pita pocket with 2 ounces turkey breast, 1 ounce Gouda, a small portion of the chutney and a small piece of lettuce.
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.