Tunisian-spiced California Raisin Hummus
By Lisa Keys, Honorable Mention - Appetizers/Snacks Wise Choice Recipe Contest
Here's a tasty dip for snacking or parties! It is healthy, too!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons California golden raisins; for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley; for garnish
- 4 pita pocket breads, cut into 24 triangles
Combine garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper, curry powder, cinnamon, cloves, shallot, oil and raisins in food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
To serve, allow hummus to warm to room temperature. Garnish with raisins and chopped parsley. Serve with pita bread triangles.
Note: For dipping, thin hummus with 1/4 cup milk.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 70 (34% from fat); Total Fat 2g (sat 0g, mono 1g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 10g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 5g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 140mg; Calcium 14mg; Potassium 102mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.