- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 Cup tahini
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon red curry powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons California golden raisins; for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley; for garnish
- 4 pita pocket breads, cut into 24 triangles
Combine garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper, curry powder, cinnamon, cloves, shallot, oil and raisins in food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
To serve, allow hummus to warm to room temperature. Garnish with raisins and chopped parsley. Serve with pita bread triangles.
Note: For dipping, thin hummus with 1/4 cup milk.