Trout Stuffed with Raisins
Mix of raisins, walnuts and vegetables keep trout moist while it bakes.
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil, divided
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pan-dressed brook trout (5 to 7 ounces each), boned
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over moderate heat. Sauté onions and celery, stirring, about 7 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and stir in raisins, walnuts, parsley, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper. Coat large baking dish with cooking spray. Stuff each fish with 1/4 cup stuffing and arrange in a single layer in the dish; brush with remaining oil. Surround the fish with the remaining stuffing. Bake 5 minutes, lower heat to 400°F and bake 15 to 20 minutes more (165°F).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 460 (40% from fat); Total Fat 21g (sat 4g, mono 9g, poly 7g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 100mg; Protein 39g; Carbohydrate 31g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 24g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 150mg; Calcium 157mg; Potassium 1182mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.