Thai Seared Tuna Salad
Ginger and wasabi flavor grilled tuna to toss with California raisins and eda mame in a tasty entrée salad.
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pureed fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 8 portions (4 ounces each) yellow fin tuna
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 1 pound baby greens
- 4 ounce Mandarin oranges
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 1 cup frozen eda mame, thawed
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced on the bias
- 3 tablespoons toasted black and white sesame seeds; for garnish
Combine all ingredients for dressing; mix well and set aside. For wasabi drizzle, mix wasabi powder with water to make a smooth paste; add remaining ingredients and mix well. Store in squeeze bottle until needed.
For tuna, combine ground ginger, sugar, salt and wasabi powder in shallow bowl or pan; mix well. Coat tuna evenly on all sides with mixture. Heat a heavy-bottom pan to very hot; spray with cooking oil. Sear tuna for 1 minute; turn and sear 30 seconds more. Set aside and keep warm.
Toss salad greens with one half of the dressing. Add remaining ingredients; toss gently but thoroughly. Divide and arrange tossed salad on 8 individual serving plates. Slice tuna 1/4-inch thick on the bias and arrange on top of greens. Drizzle with wasabi drizzle. Garnish with sesame seeds. Pass remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 760 (60% from fat); Total Fat 52g (sat 7g, mono 15g, poly 9g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 70mg; Protein 37g; Carbohydrate 41g; (Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 28g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 660mg; Calcium 211mg; Potassium 1248mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.