Thai Lemongrass Glazed Salmon Fillet with Golden Raisin Salad and Stir-Fry
Extraordinary glazed salmon and outstanding raisin salad add to this stir-fry.
Thai Lemongrass Glaze (makes 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 cup California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Asparagus, Mango, Golden Raisin Salad
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 pound asparagus, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 mangos, peeled, seeded and cut into julienne
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, cut into chiffonade
- 1/2 cup prepared sesame ginger vinaigrette
Red Curry Noodles
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 fluid ounce canola oil
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup red and yellow pepper, cut into fine julienne
- 8 ounce thin rice noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 1 cup snow peas, blanched and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched and chopped
- Fish sauce; to taste
- 6 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper; to taste
- Cooking spray, as needed
Thai Lemongrass Glaze
Combine all ingredients in blender and process on high until smooth; mix well. Reserve in squeeze bottle.
Golden Raisin Salad
Plump raisins in warm water. Blanch asparagus in boiling salted water; chill in ice water. Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl except vinaigrette; add asparagus and raisins. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat well. Reserve at room temperature.
Red Curry Noodles
Combine curry paste and coconut milk in a nonstick sautépan and heat over low heat to dissolve paste; set aside at room temperature. Heat large nonstick pan over medium-high heat; add canola oil and sauté shiitakes, red and yellow peppers for 1 minute. Add coconut-red curry sauce and heat through. Stir in noodles and fold together with snow peas and broccoli, over medium-high heat; mix well and season with fish sauce, to taste. Remove from heat; set aside.
Season salmon with salt and fresh ground pepper. Spray large cast iron pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Place fillets, skin side up, in pan and cook for 4 minutes; turn and cook for 3 minutes more. Brush with Thai Lemongrass Glaze.
Divide noodles among 6 warm bowls. Arrange Salmon and Golden Raisin Salad on top; drizzle Lemongrass Glaze over all.
Note: Commercially prepared California raisin juice concentrate is available from foodservice and industrial suppliers.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 700 (37% from fat); Total Fat 30g (sat 10g, mono 8g, poly 10g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 60mg; Protein 31g; Carbohydrate 84g; (Dietary Fiber 7g; Sugars 38g; ); Iron 6mg; Sodium 450mg; Calcium 101mg; Potassium 1358mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.