Tempting Tuna Pita Pockets
Tuna, crunchy apples and raisins make a mouthwatering sandwich.
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) chunk white tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup diced red apple
- 1/3 cup California raisins
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup regular or reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads (7-inch), cut in half to make pockets
- Green leaf lettuce or spinach leaves
In medium bowl, mix tuna, apple, raisins, celery and onions. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry, salt and pepper; blend thoroughly. Line each pita half with lettuce leaves; stuff with tuna mixture, dividing equally.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 440 (16% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 1.5g, mono 1.5g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 35mg; Protein 30g; Carbohydrate 64g; (Dietary Fiber 7g; Sugars 22g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 720mg; Calcium 44mg; Potassium 602mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.